Building Permitscover structural repairs, renovations and alterations including but not limited to: roof replacement, retaining walls, electrical wiring, fencing and pool installations. Please pick up all applications for permits at the Borough Office and be prepared to pay by check, money order or the exact amount in cash. The Borough Office does not have cash on the premise to make change. 

If we need to utilize our 3rd party (Code Enforcement Agency), they will bill for plan reviews and other items as needed. Payment varies depending on the project and all fees can be paid to the Borough. 

Block Party Permits  If your street is planning to have a block party, you must provide a letter to the Borough Council with details (date, time and what will be involved).  This must be done at least one month prior to the party so that Council can discuss and inform the Police Dept. for safety reasons.  Your cooperation in this matter will be greatly appreciated.Type your paragraph here.

Requests for public records

Pursuant to Resolution 9 of 2002, requests for public records must be submitted on the PA Office of Open Records "Standard Right-To-Know Request Form" and submitted to the Borough Office.  If you are unable to access the form please contact the borough offices.

Right-to-Know Form


Applications can be found at the Allegheny County Economic Development website at  

Please review the program guidelines for more information.

requirements for selling or refinancing your property:

  • Tax Certification (3-year) is $40.00. Requests must be submitted to the Tax Collector, Betty Ann Horvath,  and payments can be made to Braddock Hills Borough.
  • Lien Letter & Delinquent Borough Tax requests can be submitted to Jordan Tax Service. You can contact them at 412-835-5243 for more information.
  • Dye Test  A registered master plumber certified must complete a Dye Test.  There is a $35.00 fee and checks can be made payable to Braddock Hills Borough. Please note that the owner/responsible part of the property must complete and sign the 1st page. A registered master plumber must complete the 2nd page.  Applications are available at our Borough Office or you can  download here.
  • Occupancy Inspection/Permit -  If you’re renting or selling a house in the Borough, an occupancy inspection is required. You can download the form via this LINKor pick up an application at the Borough Building. Once it's submitted to the Manager, she will contact the Code Enforcement Officer to schedule the inspection with the contact person listed on the application. A list of common deficiencies as per the International Property Maintenance Code can be accessed here (NOTE: the list may not be accurate as the IPMC is updated, but can be used a guideline when preparing for an inspection)

​   Tenant registration forms for rental properties can be accessed here. ​

Applications and requests can be dropped off or mailed with payment to: 

Borough of Braddock Hills

1300 Brinton Road

Pittsburgh, PA 15221